This was a group student project in collaboration with the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design.
About the project
Over the course of a week we were asked to explore how information is shared and disseminated in Stockwell. The objective was to design a “hub” and create a shared identity for Stockwell’s residents. After having several conversations with some of Stockwell’s diverse residents, we formulated the following vision statement for our project:
Stockwell Recipe Share is one way how we imagine this vision could come to life, focussing specifically on food and nutrition. We presented and prototyped our project at an exhibition with residents.
Stockwell Recipe Share is a collection of spatial designs and an accompanying food service. With Stockwell Recipe Share residents can:
- Share their recipes with neighbours in a physical space
- Take pride in and celebrate each other’s unique cultures and knowledge
- Start discussions about food and learn about healthy eating
- Receive food packages once a week
- Have fun and encounter new spaces and connections within Stockwell